At Living Better, we are fans of the 16:8 intermittent fasting method. This method involves attempting to restrict your daily eating period to 8 hours.
We like to eat from 11 AM – 7 PM and then fast the rest of the time (mainly because the bulk of the time we are asleep!).
The schedule (your timings may vary):
· 1900 Dinner concludes. Start the sixteen-hour clock.
· 2100 Avoid snacking.
· 2200 Bedtime. Sleep … our favorite, easiest time to fast.
· 0600 Rise and shine!
· 0630 Coffee or tea… great. Maybe a water with lemon, lime, and/or mint.
· 0700 Plan and pack a healthy snack for later … an apple, almonds, or perhaps a banana.
· 0800 Off to work.
· 0830 Another coffee or tea … and for goodness sakes, get busy!
· 1000 Water break … stay hydrated; feel fuller.
· 1100 What, sixteen hours gone already? Start the eight-hour clock. Oh my. Perhaps time for that apple.
· 1200 Lunch time … keep it green, if possible, eat all you want. Soup and salad – great. A small sandwich okay, skip the chips. Eat slowly. Allow your body to communicate with your mind, “Okay, we have had enough.”
· 1300 Back to work. If possible, work in a walk back and forth to lunch. Perhaps take those stairs. Take steps to be as active in the afternoon as possible.
· 1400 Another water break. Again… stay hydrated; feel fuller.
· 1500 How about a green tea? And maybe a banana or a handful of some of those almonds. Maybe some peanut butter.
· 1600 Headed home.
· 1700 Dinner prep. Provide the kids a healthy snack.
· 1800 Family mealtime! Have a hearty, healthy dinner. Remember, eat slowly.
· 1900 Start the sixteen-hour clock for another run.